Sunday, December 21, 2008

Damages

I’ve just finished a dvd boxed set which you may or may not have heard of: Damages, with Glenn Close. Ironically, I came across this amazing series late one night on Dubai tv – nearly fell off the sofa with shock at finding something so good to watch. However in true Dubai style they never showed it at a regular time again, so I missed it. I managed to snaffle it up in HMV for the bargain price of 15 quid when back in Manchester, and have been watching it each night when I fall through the door from work.
If you haven’t seen it – it’s a truly gripping thriller (heart was in my mouth on many occasions) brilliantly produced and directed. Glenn Close is as fabulous as you would expect her to be as a manipulative lawyer battling for her clients. Possibly the most ruthless woman I have ever seen on screen. I won’t ruin the story line for you, but I thoroughly recommend you get yourselves a copy of this. Or, of course, borrow mine. Form an orderly queue!

No comments: