Sunday, November 22, 2009

How to Cut and Paste

If you know me well, you’ll know that I didn’t choose hip-hip, hip-hop chose me (TM Maggie Doyle). Apart from a major dalliance with house music in my mis-spent youth, hip-hop is very much my wife. House music is my mistress (TM Trevor Nelson).

So it was with much excitement that I heard that DJ Yoda was in Dubai this weekend. If you haven’t seen him live before you’re missing a complete treat. I’ve loved him where I’ve seen him and his ‘How to Cut and Paste’ albums are a regular on my ipod. Now he’s started mixing music to video too, which is pretty spectacular. Especially in a huge open air club underneath the stars. My favourite part? When he mixed Inspector Gadget into Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Awesome.

Somehow my friend Ali woke up the next day with a twisted ankle and I felt like I'd been hit by a truck. dancing for 4 hours non-stop will do that to a girl. Hey, when you've been starved of decent music for a while, you get a little out of control. That's how we roll, Dubai!

No comments: