Monday, November 23, 2009

Spoke too Soon...

Ok, ok, I probably deserve it after poking fun at everyone in the UK and their weather-related Facebook moanings. Yes, it's been raining in Dubai. Now, let's be clear: we're not talking UK rain: endless drizzle, pounding rain and hail which doesn't let up for days/weeks/months (hello January 2008) at a time. It's usually a very quick burst and all over.

Yesterday an email from my friend Liberty in DIFC popped up at about 4 pm: "It's raining! You cannot imagine the hysteria this is causing in the office!"

Despite DIFC being about 5 mins from my office, the rain never materialised. This didn't stop the entire team running to the windows every five minutes to check.

It hasn't dampened (sorry) my mood though, despite having to stop off on the way home to by an umbrella (fail to plan, plan to fail). I haven't had to use it, yet. Watch this space.

No comments: