Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Creatures of Habit


Routines. Depending on your viewpoint they can be restrictive or comforting, but we all have them as we go about our daily lives. My apartment overlooks the lovely Angel Meadows and part of my morning ritual involves getting ready whilst looking out at people setting off to work through the park.
This morning, as usual, two gorgeous Jack Russells were chasing one another (and their owner) around for a good 20 minutes before I left the house. You couldn’t help but smile at their canine exuberance (and speed) as they hurtled around the park, tails wagging. One of them almost toppled over as he lapped his owner. Apparently they aren’t so keen on dogs in Dubai – you can’t walk them in parks and only on certain areas of the beach. So no more morning dog watching for me. I shall miss those little guys.

No comments: