Sunday, September 06, 2009

The Great British Weather

Living in a place with such fabulous weather means that my brain has completely adjusted to perpetual summertime. This meant that last year November crept up on me - in my brain it was still June - as without the dark nights, dark mornings, sleet/snow/hail that makes up a typical Manchester winter, it completely escaped my attention that winter was upon the UK. So it's no surprise that when Sian informed me that she'd had the central heating on this weekend, I nearly fell off my chair. I mean, it is September, but didn't the UK often bask in an Indian summer? Or am I so overwhelmed by heat, sunshine and blue skies (sorry!) that my brain has cancelled out all bad-weather-memories?! Uk: you have my sympathy. It's a steady 44 degrees here today....

No comments: