|Should I run away and join the circus?!|
As I ran downstairs to fetch an over-priced Costa sandwich (almost 5 quid, uk peeps, and it wasn't THAT good), I took advantage of the 4 minutes I had to myself without emails, calls and general pestering, and let my mind wander to alternative careers that I might enjoy. The short-list:
- Zoo-keeper: Yes I KNOW I bang on about this all the time, but it really was THE most fabulous day ever. Downside: These days to even be considered you have to have a medical degree. I do not fancy studying biology for 3 years to spend the following 3 shoveling shit, however lovely the animals are. Also: Not many zoos in this region.
- Hotel Receptionist: I spend much of my time on the phone, being nice to unpleasant people. Surely not that much difference in the roles? I also have great teeth for smiling at people all day long. Downside: The uniforms.
- Train Conductor: Lots of forms, lots of people to co-ordinate. Making sure trains run on time. Sounds familiar....Downside: No trains in this region.
- Dog Groomer: This was oft discussed by me and the Sass PR babes: cute dogs, and being around animal type people all day who are usually bonkers ie great fun. Downside: A glut of these in Dubai. Potential biting issues.
- Squirrel Trainer: I was reminded of this when recently re-watching the Johnny Depp version of Charlie and the Chocolate factory. have you ever seen anything more hilarious! Downside: No squirrels in this region. Potential biting issues as above.
- PA: Extremely organised, making lots of bookings, dealing with difficult people and managing a diary like a menace. hello,this is me every day! Downside: No desire to mother a grown man.
- Artist: Back in the day I was all over art, and was always painting or drawing. When time became more critical I limited these creative expressions to customizing my various apartments with homemade artworks. Since moving to the Twilight Zone it's been lacking in my life. Downside: Do I have to wear tie dye clothing and survive on a diet of gruel and hummus?