Thursday, April 14, 2011

Seeing the World...

It's vacation frenzy here at the moment.  I've often mentioned that one way to get through 12 hour days and stress beyond belief is to have as many beautiful trips to exotic places with my favourite people in the diary.  Next week is Nepal, and yesterday we took the executive decision that October will be....Jerusalem!

It's been on my want to do list for quite some time, so when a lovely work colleague reminded me that his whole family is there, and he needs to pay them a visit, I didn't need asking twice. Before you could say 'rat up a palm tree' I'd scoped out flights on Expedia (approx 350 quid. Bargain!), checked the diary, and had an itinerary set up and waiting. 

Leaving aside the myriad of political issues facing the area, it is, I am told, the most beautiful place on earth, with historical sites in abundance and scenery to die for. And one of the loveliest parts of the trip will be enjoying the fabulous arabic hospitality of F and his lovely family.

As you would expect, we are in a planning frenzy, with a Nat Geo DVD ordered, and summit meetings in the diary to set out an itinerary.  I haven't told the parents yet - Mrs H was a bit concerned when I announced I was going to Beirut last year....I'll break the news gently...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly - if you can get hold of it somehow (download?), Louis Theroux made a wicked documentary about the ultra-Zionists in Jerusalem's old city. Ok, so Nat Geo it might not be, but it's really interesting and informative! Phil :-)