No trawling locations the length and breadth of the Emirates, no getting 20 different quotes from wedding planners, no looking at lawns or beaches or hotels or churches.
It was all very simple:
- Me: “You know I’m not a big white wedding girl. Do you want a big white wedding?”
- Him: “Absolutely not. I’ve always assumed I’d HAVE to have one as every girl I’ve ever met has been crazy about them.”
- Me: “Well let’s not have a big white wedding then.”
- Him: “Amazing!”
- Me: “Fancy getting married in Vegas then, just the two of us?”
- Him: “Amazing, when are we off?!”
Flights were booked, hotel was booked (The Wynn, obviously, the ONLY place to stay in Vegas) and a chapel was booked.
As it was just the two of us, there was no need for a complicated reception, seating plans, or speeches.
This went something along the lines of:
- Me: “What do you fancy doing after we’ve got married?”
- Him: “Dunno. Whatever you like.”
- Me: “Shall we just head to a casino with a decent bar and see how we feel?”
- Him: “Fantastic!”
|Our beautiful little Vegas chapel.|