Friday, July 03, 2009

Tall Man Heaven

Anyone who know me will know that I have a penchant for tall men. So imagine my excitement when I realized that I was staying in the same hotel as not one but five basketball teams this week. I first realised this gem when waiting for the lift. A very tall (6 foot 5 plus) young man emerged. Aha! I thought. Finally, some tall men! And men there were…he was followed by not one but 6 more equally strapping young specimens. And a short walk into the nearby restaurant made me feel like I was in land of the Giants – everywhere I looked there were more, and more of them. Believe it or not there was a huge basketball event taking place – and all of the teams were stationed in the same hotel as little old me. Treat! Boy can they put away a lot of breakfast….

No comments: