Monday, March 23, 2009

Just like Vegas....well almost....

The fountains have started working properly! You may remember me mentioning that Dubai has paid to have the world's biggest fountain (of course, why bother with a piddly effort) and even enlisted the help of the designers of the Bellagio fountains in Vegas to make sure that we don't have anything shoddy.
They've been testing them on and off recently on my walk home from work, but this weekend, I saw them in full effect. And they're pretty impressive! Lots of water (natch), lights and music. I couldn't hear this properly from my vantage point, but I caught a whiff of soft rock wafting over the water. No need! Still, the fountains are pretty, if you like that sort of thing. You can see my efforts at taking photos here. That huge beast inthe background that the light is reflecting off is the Burj.

No comments: