Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Moving On...

I’m apartment hunting at the moment. There’s a new development which has just opened up nearby in Downtown and it’s gorgeous. Not too dissimilar to my place in terms of finish and size, but AMAZING views over Jumeirah and out to sea. Seriously amazing. When I visited a friend who has just moved in there I spent an inordinate amount of time with my head pressed up against the lounge window. There’s something about looking out over a vibrant city which gets to me, in a good way.


It’s also only 3 towers + 2 pools + 2 gyms, whereas my current place is 6 towers + 2 pools + 2 gyms. You do the math – it’s impossible to get a sunlounger at mine any later than 9 am at the weekends – there’s just too many people for the pools. Get me, sounding all Dubai!

It’s amazing how you get used to apartments being of a certain standard here. Live without two bathrooms? Live without an en-suite? Live without a pool that gets the sun all day? Live without a gym downstairs? Live without a large balcony? Are you joking?!

I know that at some point I will have to leave Dubai and deal with more modest accommodation. But until then, I’m going to enjoy my extremely blessed living arrangements. God knows I work hard enough to deserve some home comforts - however glamorous they may seem to outsiders!

I will, of course, keep you posted.

No comments: