Monday, October 18, 2010

Childish Behaviour...?

I’m going to come right out and say it: I’m a woman who can, on occasion be persuaded to watch a cartoon (or is it called animation these days?!). As a child some of my favourite films included The Aristocats, The Fox and the Hound, and Mary Poppins. Last Christmas we all piled to the cinema to watch A Christmas Carol, and oohed and ahhed like 6 year olds with our 3D glasses on. Treat!

But to be honest, an actual cartoon? Well the other day I finally got around to watching Freej. If you haven't heard of it (and if you don't live in the Middle East, this is probably the case) it's an animated series about four women who live in Dubai. They're quite traditional and the story follows their lives as they adapt to the challenges of Dubai's growth and changes.

The guy who created it, Mohammed Saeed Harib, is incredibly clever - Dubai in cartoon format looks absolutely amazing, and the script is so witty and sharp that I was giggling from start to finish. Mohammed is also a professional photographer and sometime male model. All this talent and success AND he's two years younger than me. Way to make girl feel hot under the collar AND professionally inadequate!

It's incredibly popular in the region and though originally in Arabic, now has English subtitles so that a wider audience can watch it. It's fabulous. If you haven't watched it, you really need to get involved.

1 comment:

Job Descriptions said...

Do you know one thing? I still watch tom and jerry with my kids..and laugh along with them..I love cartoons..thanks for sharing your experience..we both are sailing in same boat!

Hotel management trainee job description