Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sofa, So Good

Looks like this, but l-shaped...
It's a dangerous game, being a woman.  You never know when the urge to shop might strike you...you nip out for a pint of milk, you come back with two pairs of shoes and a bag full of miracle creams. 

This happened to me over the weekend.  A simple trip out resulted in me purchasing....a new sofa!  Look, this may not seem like the most fascinating topic in the world (although I know this blogger will understand where I'm coming from!) but this is significant for a number of reasons....
  • My current sofa (l-shaped) is super comfy and perfect for watching The Good Life/E.R/Cougar Town, but it was bought in haste and brown has never been my favourite colour, clothes or interior wise.
  • The new sofa could have been designed just for me...it's BRIGHT PURPLE/PINK (more Heal's than Barbie, I promise), and a kind of crushed velvet/gorgeous textured material.  As a woman who had a grey corduroy sofa in Manchester, I'm all over something a bit different.  You're probably dry-heaving as you read this, but I promise, it's divine.
  • The fact that I'm buying significant items of large furniture represents a commitment to Dubai that I don't often make.  I have no intention of doing a moonlight flit, and will probably be dragged out of Dubai by my fingernails, but psychologically there's always been something holding me back from accumulating too much 'stuff' whilst I'm here. 
The new sofa will be arriving on Saturday.  My giddiness levels are at full strength as you can imagine.  My only worry is that it may take some time to adjust to the new support/comfort levels, and I don't want anything to impede with the E.R marathon....photos to follow.

3 comments:

Mrs Dubai said...

ooh, it looks gorgeous! I mooted the idea of a hot pink / purple sofa with DH but he refused (unsurprisingly). Jealous!!

Anonymous said...

Where did you get it. I am moving to Dubai in August, and I have my heart set on a purple sofa.

Britney of Arabia said...

I'm sure you're going to love Dubai! It's from a place called Homes R Us on Sheikh Zayed Road in the Mazaya Centre. You also need to visit Pan Emirates (near Mall of the Emirates)i just ordered a beautiful purple chaise longue from there.