Monday, May 07, 2012

The Joy of Satwa


What's not to love?!
Those who know me know that I love nothing more than an afternoon strolling round Satwa. It’s such a diverse area and the antithesis of the glitz and glamour of Dubai Mall. Don’t get me wrong, I love Dubai Mall, but there comes a point at which you can only dodge so many rude, overweight, offensively dressed tourists before you want to run screaming from the building.

Satwa also my solution for almost everything. Can’t find something? You’ll find it in Satwa. To prove this point I thought I’d share with you a few things that my lovely friends, colleagues and myself, have giddily purchased/sorted in Satwa this month:
  • Fabric
  • Buttons
  • Studded shoulder pads (oh they are SO now)
  • Sticker of Sheikh Zayed for car
  • Miniature Burj Khalifa
  • Bike chain
  • Books
  • Oud burner for car (No, really)
  • Bucket and mop
  • Fancy dress outfit
  • Abaya
  • Bukhoor burner in shape of palm tree
  • Shelves
  • Bedding  plants
  • Ribbon
It sells a lot more besides, but I think list goes some way to proving my point. If you can’t find it in Satwa, it probably doesn’t exist.

No comments: