Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It's Getting Hot in Here!


So, the end of my first full week in Dubai. One thing which had bothered me massively was the heat - and I have to say, it really hasn't been that bad. BUT I've found out that last week was a complete freak of weather and it was actually really cold!

So, I've been skipping about feeling smug wondering what all the fuss was about, and woke up today to feel like I was melting, at 9 am! Eevn the rooftop pool is hot, and it's windy as hell up there. Anyway, it was bound to catch up with me sooner or later.

I enter the world of work this Sunday (yes, Sunday is the new Monday don't you know) in a strange way it will be good to get into a routine and meet new people, I shall miss my afternoons by the pool though! My working day is (in theory) 9-6.30, and as it gets dark quite early here - 730 ish, that doesn't leave much time for pool visitis after work! Still, there's always the weekend....

No comments: