Tuesday, August 04, 2009

An Old Favourite...

I was reminded of one of my favourite tv shows by a certain Ms Doyle on my recent trip back to Manchester....Will and Grace. Many was the evening we spent either on her sofa guffawing like hyenas, or frantically texting one another whilst watching it in our respective pads.
A colleague just lent me a boxed set - and it's as hilarious as ever. Karen remains my favourite character. Here are some of her hysterical, if sometimes very un-PC comments. If you haven't watched this - apologies for boring you - but you really should get hold of it!

Oh kids ruin everything. I mean look at the stitching on this. You cannot trust a ten year old to do a good hidden button.
Oh I have half a mind to throw this martini right in your face! [starts drinking it]
Gosh, I don't think that I've ever been stressed out. Why would I be? I've got practically no responsibilities, my job's a breeze and I've got a KILLER rack.
Honey, when I agreed to drive you to the set, you didn't say it was on Staten Island. How the hell am I ever gonna get the stench of landfill and working class families out of tropical lightweight wool?
Good Lord. I can't believe I'm at a public pool. Why doesn't somebody just pee directly on me?[to a waiter] Hey apron. Who told you you could make eye contact?
Oh honey, I would, but... I don't want to.By your inflection I can tell that you think what you're saying is funny, but... No.

No comments: