Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Perils of Clubbing

Clubbing in Dubai is very different to the UK/the US/Europe, for all number of reasons. Clubbing as a single girl is an even more interesting……as a woman you’re considered fair game to be groped, manhandled, and bought drinks. Many women would love the latter, but I’ve always preferred to buy my own – no feeling beholden to anyone, if you know what I mean. In Dubai, if you’re at a bar, even on your own, i.e not with a man or even talking to one, someone will offer to pay fro your drinks. It’s easier to acquiesce to be honest.

Anyway: the man handling…men of Dubai, it is not acceptable to attempt to dry hump my leg! You are not an over eager terrier, I am not a sofa leg! Pack it in! And lest we forget – this is a Muslim country….

No comments: