Monday, August 24, 2009

Ramadan, again

So, the first working day of Ramadan, and it was pleasantly different to last year. I hadn’t been here all that long last year, was driving to Abu Dhabi twice a week, had about 10 new business pitches on my plate, had an MD on holiday for a whole month, and ended up working 12-14 hour days, nearly all the way through. Not good, and especially not good when most of the office gets up and leaves at 4 pm (technically we work 10-4 during Ramadan.)

This year – I escaped at 4 pm. What a difference! Was home and by the pool by 4.45. Had a very long swim and then caught up with Gossip Girl. This morning I was in the gym at 8.30 – not a treat. I haven’t been to the gym in the morning for a very long time. In fact, I think I was working at the House of Pain – that’s how long ago it was. And I’m not entirely sure I worked out, I may have been going because the boiler at home packed in. Anyway. I’m sure this won’t last but it was a great way to start the month!

No comments: