Monday, November 01, 2010

Office Excitement

The office has been in a frenzy this week.  No pay rises, no bonuses...much more dramatic than that: they're filming  Mission Impossible 4 right outside my office building.  So far this has involved:
  • A helicopter hovering, for literally hours, right next to the Burj Khalifa (see photo)
  • Someone (Tom, according to the Mail, I'm not so sure) dangling off the side of the Burj Khalifa
  • The entire office stampeding to the windows every five minutes to see what is going on
  • The entire downtown area grinding to a halt as passers-by and office workers drop whatever they're doing, to look up
I'm not exaggerating, it's been brilliant.  Someone (not me, but only because I forgot, I now have a reminder in my phone) even brought binoculars in today.  Well, it's not easy to see up to the 125th floor, where they're filming.

Despite the fact that I live right next to the Burj, AND work right next to the Burj, I have yet to catch a glimpse of the loveable homo midget himself.  He has been spotted in various places around Dubai: the ski slope (?!), Okku, and apparently, even getting turned away from Zuma for not having a reservation (don't believe this one). 

Let's also not forget that I (along with 9 million other people, admittedly) applied to be an extra in the film.  Can you IMAGINE the excitement if I get the call???  Goodbye PR, hello Hollywood!  Watch this space...

No comments: