I'm going to assume that you haven't been - if you have - this may bore you. In a nutshell, I LOVED Singapore!!!!! Reasons why:
- It's a solid 30-35 degrees, all year round, with lots of sunshine and blue skies. It was actually scorching whilst we were there. Yes, it does rain, and it's very humid, but the great weather means that you have the outdoor lifestyle all year round, not for only half the year like you do in Dubai. Hello roof top bars, hello strolling the streets..which brings me onto my next point:
- You can walk everywhere. It's a proper city, with (shock) pavements, walkways, it's all designed for the pedestrian. We spent many happy hours walking around just absorbing the vibes and the personality of the place. Which brings me onto my next point:
- Singapore is COOL. What do I mean? Everyone looks good, not in an anodyne, labelled-up kind of way, more in a cool sneakers and unusual jeans, interesting make-up and hair kind of way. It feels a bit like New York. Which brings me onto my next point:
- It has a big city feel and vibe. There's something in the air that's palpable. And it's hard to ignore. It's such an interesting mix of cultures and people. Which brings me onto my next point:
- It's very multi-cultural, just like Dubai. We saw all nationalities working and living together in one melting pot. And there's something fascinating about that for me. Which brings me onto my next point:
- It's a very cultural place. Not only do huge modern skyscrapers jostle for space next to older areas like Arab Street and Little India, there's art galleries, a symphony orchestra. The cultural section of Singapore's Time Out goes on for pages and pages, not like the paltry efforts of Dubai's.
- And my last, but very important point: it has BEACHES. Yes, head to the beautiful Sentosa Island for the day and you'll see Singapore's bright young things kicking back in lush beach clubs and cool bars.