|With this attitude, the husband may take some time...|
Add into the mix being (ahem) out of your twenties and you are regularly scrutinized by other nationalities who are often married off and up the spout at an age where I was happily raving on podiums in a lycra catsuit. Ah, those were the days.
Example below - a real conversation between a friend and her (Indian) office boy:
- Aziz: You find husband this year?
- Friend: Yes Aziz
- Aziz: Good, you need husband. You like English husband?
- Friend: I like Arabic husband
- Aziz: You speak Arabic?
- Friend: No, but I am learning
- Aziz: Good then you will find husband
- Friend: Inshallah (if God wills it)
Only in Dubai. Inshallah, indeed!